People have the power to do whatever they want. However, the law dictates some acts as unlawful and offensive against people. An example is a crime that often indicates the wrong exercise of power against someone or something. It can be a form of physical damage that took a blow on their health or another act that shows unfairness, and it is why criminal law firms in Singapore exist. They uphold the law and protect the rights of those involved in the situation.
A criminal lawyeris a professional who does these things. If you are in a situation where you need their services, explore this article to learn what to expect from them.
Generally speaking, this area of law is concerned with the definition of offences and their corresponding punishments that see fit. For example, murder is one of the heaviest crimes that people commit. Every country has their own definition of what it is, the severity depending on the situation, and the suitable punishment. So, the best criminal lawyer knows these things, and they either defend or prosecute people without showing partiality. You can see it as bringing justice to everyone while protecting their rights as citizens of the country.
Goodness is the goal of the ideal society. It can be a result that brings the most benefit for everyone, or in other words, the greater good. The second reason is to protect everyone. A person cannot just kill someone without a compelling reason because everyone has the right to live. When these things happen, a criminal lawyer in Singapore upholds the law to prosecute or defend someone in court.
A criminal lawyer in Singapore knows the law, how to represent people in court, and carries out their duties professionally. On top of that, they earned the coveted title through years of education and their vow to commit their profession to protect everyone’s rights.
They also perform legal duties ranging from researching cases to preparing different paperwork outside the courtroom. You can actually say the best criminal lawyer is someone who has extensive experience in the field.
In Singapore, two people need the best criminal lawyer. The first one is a defendant facing accusations of a crime. Regardless of their involvement in the crime, the ideal situation is they get to defend their claims as a part of their human rights, and the criminal lawyer practises their profession legally. They have to obtain evidence legally, present truthful statements in court and show professionalism.
On the other side of the story, a victim or a person is filing the case. They exercise their rights to pursue justice on their or someone else’s behalf. In this case, the top criminal lawyer in Singapore represents them in court to seek justice. The purpose is also to give the benefit of the doubt to both sides.
Two types of people hire a criminal lawyer in Singapore: The defendant who faces accusations and a complainant filing the case or the victim. However, there are some cases where a person only seeks consultation about a trivial matter. Overall, their job is to provide expertise on everything related to criminal law. If you are in this situation, here’s what you should expect.
Everyone has the right to receive support from the best criminal lawyer that aligns with their situation. A defendant needs one as much as the plaintiff seeking justice for them or other people. Aside from that, some also consider the services of a private law firm for personal and corporate matters.
- Avoid taking matters into your own hands. For example, if someone accuses you of a crime, do not do anything reckless and hire a criminal lawyer in Singapore because they know better.
- Whether you are a defendant, plaintiff, or someone who needs consultations, always lay down everything and never lie to the criminal lawyer. Why? It is their way of knowing and eventually helping you with the situation.
- Hiring a criminal lawyer should always be an option because they plan a strategy in court to represent your rights as a citizen.
- Look for someone who aligns with your needs. You can either examine their specialisation or past experiences. For example, hire defamation lawyers in Singapore if your situation is under this concern.
The consultation stage is where you and the criminal lawyerstrategise a defence in court or plan something similar. If you are consulting, expect the same thing as they will provide their credibility on the subject matter.
- Cooperate with them at all costs. They know better than you do, so it is your job to listen and follow their instructions. However, if anything seems wrong on their end, you can always call them out. Besides, a top criminal lawyer in Singapore knows how to communicate with their clients.
- Do not lie because it will hurt your case. It will also prevent the criminal lawyer from providing consultation because you did not give all the details surrounding your situation.
- Act professionally at all times inside and outside the courtroom. You can also ask them how to carry themselves during times like these, especially when you are a public figure where the media is involved.
- A legal professional should present viable solutions. One example is when hiring defamation lawyers in Singapore. They should help you with all related matters.
This is where you reach a verdict, a settlement between you and the other party, or the problem finally ends. You can still hire a criminal lawyer in Singapore under a retainer or keep the relationship you had for future use. Here’s what you can do:
- Appreciate their services regardless of the outcome. They dedicated their services and provided the best service possible, so do not blame them when things do not go your way.
- If you plan on putting defamation lawyerson retainer because you are a victim of fake news and other offences, feel free to do so, and they will provide their services.
- You can choose to keep in touch with the top criminal lawyer in Singaporeyou hired or go with someone who might benefit you more. It is your choice, anyway.
- There are many criminal law firms out there. Hire them if your existing one shows some inadequacies in assisting you in your situation.
Quahe Woo & Palmer is one of the top criminal law firms in Singapore that provides legal assistance to its clients. Visit their website to explore their services.